MOCO – Bikepacking Montgomery County
125 Mi.(201 KM)
% Rideable (time)
Matt and Brett
A View From Two Wheels
Escape the hustle and bustle of Washington D.C. via the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (C&O) Towpath and connect MOCO singletrack to make a nice 2 day loop. We did it in a three days but the ride could easily have been done in two. Follow thenC&O from Georgetown and head out towards Darnestown. Then take a quick jaunt on country roads and jump onto the MOCO Epic single track that winds through various state parks and shoots right back onto the the C&O Canal.
- A nice view at Great Falls.
- Breakfast at Dickerson Market.
- Great singletrack through Copper Lake.
- Free primitive camping is available on the C&O beginning at Swains Lock (Mile 20) and every few miles after.
- Camping at Little Bennett Regional Park.
- Water is shut off on the C&O from Mid-November to Mid-April.
- Whites Ferry has a small convenience store.
- Dickerson Market has great Breakfast sandwiches.
- Other small store/gas stations available throughout route.
Please keep the conversation civil, constructive, and inclusive, or your comment will be removed.