Cross Florida: The Spanish is a self-supported bikepacking event following the coast to coast The Spanish Indian Trail…
About this event
The Spanish Indian Trail is a Coast to Coast fat tire route created by Patrick Thomsen, Matt Wiggins, and Karlos Bernart. This year riders will travel from the East Coast at Castillo De San Marco in Saint Augustine and ride to the west coast to finish in Fort Desoto. The route is a Patchwork Quilt of singletrack, forest roads, double track, grassy track, bike paths, and paved roads. This year there will be two options available, a 520-mile odyssey and a 420-mile option.
We will also offer a shuttle for riders this year. The shuttle will pick riders up at the finish in Fort Desoto and transport them to the start in Saint Augustine. Shuttle pick up will be at 1 pm on Friday, January 20th. If you want a spot on the shuttle, choose that ticket option in addition to your route choice.
Each ticket option provides riders with the route, guide, and resource information; once purchased, this is non-refundable. Your shuttle ticket can be canceled as long as it’s four weeks before the 20th of January.
1. You must complete the route under your own power. Once you set foot in a motored power vehicle, you are voluntarily withdrawing from the challenge. There are exceptions made to this rule in cases of medical emergencies. If you are injured and need help, get healthy, and you can rejoin the course at your convenience.
2. There is a no drafting rule in effect.
3. You must be able to carry yourself the length of the route safely. You can only obtain supplies from commercial establishments along or near the route. You cannot pre-arrange any kind of support or supplies, and no SAG vehicles are allowed.
4. There will be three checkpoints where you are required to provide photographic evidence for. Some checkpoints may require video documentation. To prove that you passed these areas, you can either email your pics and videos to Nakedindian@singletracksamurai.com or post them on your Facebook wall for me to see and verify.
5. You can take as long as you need to complete the challenge; there is no time limit and no cut-offs. Every rider/RUNNER will participate in a mass start if they start with the group the day of the event.
Collected fees go a long way to keep me working on new routes and projects and maintaining the ever-evolving existing routes and future projects. Generosity is encouraged and generally will provide good luck during the event!!!
I hope this is the year you decide to give the route a try.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org