Kane Creak Pritchett Canyon Loop, Moab
52 Mi.(84 KM)
% Rideable (time)
Begin the ride in Moab and follow Kane Creek Blvd out of town and along the river into the canyons. After a quick pavement ride, you’ll pass the route exit at Pritchett Canyon. Continue for another mile and the track will become dirt and follow a southerly direction away from the river along Kane Springs Creek. The off road ride follows a classic desert jeep road through the canyon with a long slow climb along Kane Creek. The road may be very sandy at times. There will be countless creek crossings and at times, the track is the creek… enjoy the cool water.
After the climb out of the canyon, you’ll turn north on 191 for a 3.5 mile paved ride to the Behind the Rocks turnoff. Follow the GPX here and along this part of the route as there are a few turns not to be missed. After a little less than 3 miles, there will be a natural dune on the right of the track (go play if you’d like). The route culminates with a long and incredibly scenic descent down Pritchett Canyon… keep your wits about you!
- Seeing the desert come to life from the waters of Kane Creek.
- Riding through the rocky bottom of Kane Creek.
- The epic, scenic, and at times technical descent down the Pritchett Canyon.
- This route is best ridden in spring and fall months.
- Sand can be very deep along Kane Creek Canyon, so a fat bike is highly recommended, although skilled sand riders may be able to pull it off on ‘normal’ tires.
- A good place to leave a car is at the Information Center in Moab; make sure to leave your name and license plate number at the desk.
- More than likely you’ll end up camping along Kane Creek. Most of this is BLM land and there are several good options for camping along the creek.
- There is plenty of water along the route before leaving Kane Creek; bring a filter or purification tablets.